Saturday, December 11, 2010

Remove The Mental Road Blocks

I had coffee with a friend this week.  She’s truly amazing – she’s worked very hard and is now getting ready to take over the established law firm that she’s been working at for quite some time.  She’s under the close support of a business coach and she was discussing how beneficial the coach has been for her.
As we were talking about the business coaching process and ways we can both develop our books of business, she looked at me and said, “Michelle, I KNOW there are basic business principles that I need to do every day.  But why is this so hard?  I mean, it’s common sense, right?”
So many times I hear that during a day.  “I’m not sure WHY I’m struggling with this – it’s common sense!”  Think about it – how many times in a day do you say that?  “I’m not sure WHY I run out of money each month – budgeting is common sense!”  “I’m not quite sure WHY I don’t start my business – this should be common sense!”  “I’m not quite sure WHY I won’t pick up the phone to cold call – this is common sense!”
Sometimes life can be difficult – and often we need to realize that it may be us standing in our own way.    There are times that with basic coaching, advising or mentoring, we can work through the road blocks that we put up in our own way, navigate through the rough waters and get back on track.
If you’re struggling with life or business issues that, to you, should be basic and seem elementary, coaching could be your way to getting through them and finding the success you want.  Instead of beating yourself up and falling short of the goals you set for yourself each month, reach out to a trusted advisor and work through the issues.
Never underestimate how close you are to success.  You’re time is now – and it is within you!
To the road of happiness,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment